SOLE is our “Self Organised Learning Environment” programme based on the pioneering work of Sugata Mitra. SOLE aims to develop learning skills of investigation, analysis and problem solving that will last a life time!
The sessions take place on alternate Friday mornings at Stewart House and are facilitated by Jacq Emkes. This Friday, our young learners hosted an open morning for PLACE visitors to showcase some of the science and technology-based projects on which they have been working this term.
- Computer games developed using Scratch
- Python programming on the Raspberry Pi
- A demonstration of QR codes
- Stop-motion animation
- On-line “healthy eating” quiz using iPads
- Frankenstein’s Hand experiment (scary!)
The morning was a striking demonstration of what young people can achieve when given the freedom to explore and find out for themselves.